Iran’s president said Sunday that the Islamic Republic rejected direct negotiations with the United States over its rapidly advancing nuclear program, offering Tehran’s first response to a letter President Donald Trump sent to the country’s supreme leader.

  • magnetosphere@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    44
    ·
    4 days ago

    “We don’t avoid talks; it’s the breach of promises that has caused issues for us so far,” Pezeshkian said in televised remarks during a Cabinet meeting. “They must prove that they can build trust.”

    This is Trump we’re talking about. He’s setting the standards impossibly high lol